From uncomfortable wires to the way they impact your appearance, braces can feel like an unwelcome accessory. But what if we told you there's a smoother path to a straighter smile? Enter Invisalign® Aurora, CO, a set of unnoticeable trays that move your teeth where they’re supposed to be.
What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a cutting-edge orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear, custom-made aligners to shift your teeth into their original positions. We design each aligner to move your teeth incrementally, giving you a comfortable and discreet way of straightening your smile.
We start by taking digital impressions of your teeth to design aligners using 3D modeling technology. As you wear each tray and your teeth progress, you'll transition to the next set of aligners in the series, allowing for a discreet and tailored smile transformation.
When Can I Use Invisalign®?
Invisalign® in Aurora, CO, isn't just for teenagers; it's a versatile treatment suitable for a wide range of orthodontic concerns. Invisalign® could be an effective solution in the following cases:
- Crowded Teeth: If your teeth are overlapping or crowded, Invisalign® can gradually create space and allow your teeth to align.
- Gaps Between Teeth: Invisalign® can close tooth gaps, which improves your smile’s looks while preventing bacteria from accumulating between your teeth.
- Overbites, Underbites, and Crossbites: Invisalign® can correct these bite issues, improving your overall oral health and appearance.
- Straightening After Braces: In some cases, Invisalign® can be used to make sure your teeth remain aligned after we remove your traditional braces.
- Mild to Moderate Alignment Issues: If you have mild to moderate alignment concerns, Invisalign® can provide a convenient and effective solution.
How Often Should I Wear My Invisalign® Aligners?
The success of your treatment will depend on how committed you are to using your Invisalign® aligners as prescribed. To achieve the best results, you should wear your aligners for at least 20-22 hours a day.
Only remove your trays when you have to eat, drink anything other than water, brush your teeth, or floss. The flexibility to remove them lets you maintain your oral hygiene with ease and enjoy your favorite foods without restrictions.
Benefits of Invisalign® Over Traditional Braces
Making the choice between Invisalign® and traditional braces is a significant decision. Here's why Invisalign® may be the perfect choice for you:
- Discreet Appearance: Invisalign® trays are nearly invisible, allowing you to straighten your teeth with confidence and free from the self-consciousness often caused by metal braces.
- Comfortable Fit: Invisalign® aligners are custom-made for your teeth, ensuring a snug and comfortable fit. Say goodbye to the discomfort of brackets and wires.
- Removable: Unlike traditional braces, you can remove your Invisalign® aligners for special occasions, sports, or when playing musical instruments. This flexibility enhances your daily life.
- Easier Maintenance: Keeping your teeth clean during treatment is easier with Invisalign®. Just remove the aligners to brush and floss as you normally would.
- Fewer Office Visits: While regular check-ups with your orthodontist are important, Invisalign® often requires fewer in-person visits compared to traditional braces.
- Improved Oral Health: Invisalign® aligners can improve your oral hygiene by making it easier to maintain a clean and healthy mouth throughout your treatment.
Is Invisalign® Painful?
One of the most significant advantages of Invisalign® is its comfort. While you may experience some initial discomfort or pressure when you switch to a new set of aligners, this is typically temporary and a sign that the treatment is working. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign® aligners don't have sharp edges or wires that can irritate your cheeks and gums. Most patients find the discomfort associated with Invisalign® to be minimal and manageable.
How to Clean Invisalign® Aligners
By properly caring for your Invisalign® aligners, you can maintain their clarity and effectiveness. Follow these easy steps to keep your aligners clean:
- Gentle Brushing: Use a soft-bristle toothbrush to brush your aligners with lukewarm water. Avoid using toothpaste, as it can scratch and stain the aligners.
- Soaking: You can soak your aligners in Invisalign® cleaning crystals or a denture cleaner for a deeper clean. Follow the instructions provided by your orthodontist.
- Rinse Thoroughly: After cleaning or soaking your aligners, make sure to rinse with cold water before putting them back in your mouth.
- Avoid Heat: Keep your aligners away from hot water or direct sunlight, as high temperatures can warp the plastic.
- Proper Storage: When not wearing your aligners, store them in their protective case to prevent damage or loss.
Ready for a Beautiful Smile with Invisalign® in Aurora, CO?
Experience the comfort and confidence of Invisalign® at Makowski Dental. We’re here to answer questions and guide you on the best way to fix your smile. Schedule an appointment to start transforming your smile. Call us today!
**Invisalign®, the Invisalign logo, and iTero®, among others, are trademarks and/ or service marks of Align Technology, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and may be registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.
To schedule an appointment with our Denver dentist, feel free to call us today at (303) 751-5558.