Teeth Cleaning in Denver
Wondering what you can do to keep your teeth in their best shape? At Makowski Dental, you can get a thorough teeth cleaning in Denver to improve your oral health. We have the experience, patient-centered service, and qualifications you should expect from your dental professional.
What Happens During a Teeth Cleaning?
When you come in for a teeth cleaning, our trusted team starts by taking a close look at your teeth and gums. We check for cavities and excessive plaque or tartar, which may require some quick X-rays. We also measure the space between your teeth and gums to look for early signs of periodontal disease.
After the oral examination, we clean and focus on eliminating tartar build up. Tartar develops from plaque and you cannot remove it with flossing or brushing. Thankfully, our skilled dental hygienists can scale tartar away using medical-grade tools.
Once the scaling is complete, we polish your teeth to give them a brand-new shine and remove any surface stains. We also floss in between each tooth to ensure total plaque removal.
Give us a call today at (303) 751-5558 to schedule an appointment. Our Denver dentist is ready to serve you.
Signs You Need a Teeth Cleaning
- Visible Plaque and Tartar: If you notice a sticky, yellowish buildup on your teeth, it's a sign that plaque has hardened into tartar, which only a professional can remove.
- Persistent Bad Breath: Chronic bad breath, also known as halitosis, can be a sign of underlying dental issues, including the buildup of bacteria and plaque.
- Bleeding Gums: If your gums bleed when you brush or floss, it could be an early sign of gum disease (gingivitis).
- Tooth Sensitivity: Increased tooth sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweet and acidic foods can be indicative of enamel erosion or gum recession.
- Irregular Dental Checkups: If it's been more than six months since your last dental checkup and cleaning, you need to schedule an appointment.
- Dental Pain or Discomfort: Persistent toothaches, jaw pain, or discomfort when chewing could indicate dental problems that require attention.
How Often Should I Schedule a Teeth Cleaning?
Your oral health is unique, just like you. However, as a general guideline, we recommend scheduling a cleaning every six months. These appointments allow us to monitor your oral health closely, detect issues before they become major problems, and provide preventive care.
However, for some individuals with specific dental conditions, more frequent cleanings might be necessary. Our team at Makowski Dental will personalize your dental care plan based on your needs.
Benefits of Regular Teeth Cleanings
Despite your best efforts with brushing and flossing, plaque accumulates over time, leading to tooth decay. Our skilled dental hygienists will remove plaque buildup during your cleaning to help you maintain a cavity-free smile.
Gum Disease Prevention
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, can have serious consequences if left untreated. Regular teeth cleanings are your first line of defense against this oral problem. We will remove tartar and bacteria from your gumline, reducing the risk of gingivitis and more severe forms of gum disease.
Bad breath can be a real concern in your everyday life, impacting your confidence and social interactions. Teeth cleanings effectively remove plaque, bacteria, and food particles that contribute to bad breath. With regular cleanings, you can enjoy a fresher, more confident smile.
Stain Removal and Whitening
Since teeth are porous, they absorb substances and become stained from coffee, tea, red wine, or tobacco use. Teeth cleanings include polishing, which removes surface stains and gives your teeth a brighter, whiter appearance, enhancing your smile's aesthetics.
Early Detection of Dental Issues
Regular teeth cleanings give our experienced dental professionals the opportunity to identify early signs of dental issues, such as cavities, gum disease, or even oral cancer. Detecting these issues early allows for more straightforward and effective treatment.
How to Care for Your Teeth After a Cleaning
After a thorough teeth cleaning at Makowski Dental, you need to maintain your oral health at home.
Here's a simple list of post-cleaning care tips to keep your smile radiant:
- Continue to brush your teeth at least twice a day using fluoride toothpaste. Brushing removes food particles and plaque, preventing future buildup.
- Flossing is essential for cleaning between your teeth and along the gumline where your toothbrush may not reach.
- Drinking plenty of water helps wash away bacteria and food particles and promote a healthy oral environment.
- Reduce your intake of sugary and acidic foods and beverages, which can contribute to tooth decay.
- Smoking or chewing tobacco stains your teeth and increases the risk of gum disease and oral cancer. Consider quitting for a healthier smile.
- Try using an antimicrobial or fluoride mouthwash as part of your daily oral hygiene routine to further protect your teeth and gums.
Let us care for your smile today. We perform a wide variety of dental services from cavity fillings to cosmetic improvements to TMJ and periodontitis treatments.
Protect Your Smile with a Teeth Cleaning in Denver!
At Makowski Dental, your oral health is our top priority. Whether you're due for a routine cleaning or have specific dental concerns, our experienced team is ready to assist you on your journey to a healthy smile.
Feel free to reach out to our friendly staff to book your appointment or to ask any questions you may have. Call today!
Contact our dentist at (303) 751-5558 to set up your teeth cleaning in Denver.