Did you know that you can completely change the appearance of a tooth with a porcelain veneers in Denver? At Makowski Dental, you can have the uniform, radiant set of teeth you have always wanted!
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin, custom-made shells we craft with durable porcelain and place over your natural teeth. Their primary purpose is to transform the appearance of your teeth, giving you a beautiful, natural-looking smile.
What Problems Can Veneers Fix?
Stained or Discolored Teeth
Have you been battling persistent tooth stains that resist even the most potent whitening products? Veneers can cover any yellowish and brownish spots caused by coffee, tea, wine, and tobacco.
Do you want a beautiful smile? Contact us today at (303) 751-5558.
Gaps Between Teeth
If you've always wished your teeth were closer together, veneers can help. They can be designed to close minor gaps between teeth, giving you a more even and harmonious smile.
While veneers are not a substitute for orthodontic treatment for severe misalignments, they can improve the appearance of mildly crooked teeth and make them appear straighter and more uniform.
Chipped or Worn Teeth
Accidents happen, and sometimes our teeth bear the brunt. Veneers can cover chips and wear, restoring your teeth to their former glory.
Irregularly Shaped Teeth
Do you have teeth that are oddly shaped or don't quite match the rest? With veneers, we can create a consistent, attractive look across all your teeth.
How Are Veneers Applied?
When you visit our office to get veneers, the process is generally straightforward and involves these steps:
- Consultation: Your journey begins with a consultation with our experienced dental team. We'll discuss your goals and assess your dental health to determine if veneers are the right option for you.
- Preparation: Before applying veneers, we need to remove a small amount of enamel from the front surface of your teeth to create a secure fit for the veneers. It may require local anesthesia for your comfort.
- Impressions: We take precise impressions of your teeth and send them to our trusted dental lab. Here, skilled technicians will create custom veneers tailored to your unique smile.
- Fitting: Once your veneers are ready, we'll ensure they fit and match your natural tooth color. We will also make any necessary adjustments at this stage to guarantee a seamless blend with your smile.
- Bonding: Using a strong adhesive, we attach your veneers securely to your teeth. Our dental team takes great care to ensure they are positioned for optimal aesthetics and function.
- Polishing: The final step involves polishing your veneers to a lustrous shine, leaving you with a radiant, natural-looking smile that's sure to turn heads.
Does Getting Veneers Hurt?
This is a common concern, but luckily, the veneer application process isn’t painful. We may administer a local anesthetic before we remove any enamel to ensure you're comfortable throughout the procedure.
Most patients report feeling only minor discomfort or sensitivity, which usually subsides within a few days and can be handled with over-the-counter medication.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
One of the great benefits of veneers is their durability. With proper care, porcelain veneers can last a remarkable 10-15 years or more. Composite veneers, while not as long-lasting, still offer a solid 5-7 years of service.
How to Care for Your Veneers
Proper care ensures the longevity of your veneers and maintains your radiant smile for years to come. You can follow these essential tips:
- Brush, Floss, and Rinse: Just like your natural teeth, veneers require regular brushing with a soft-bristle toothbrush and a non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste. Don't forget to floss between your veneered teeth and use an alcohol-free mouthwash for a refreshing finish.
- Avoid Excessive Force: While veneers are durable, they can chip or crack under excessive force. Be cautious when biting into hard or crunchy foods like ice, nuts, or hard candies. Consider cutting them into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- Limit Staining Foods and Drinks: Porcelain veneers are highly stain-resistant, but it's still a good idea to limit consumption of pigmented foods and beverages like coffee, tea, red wine, and berries. If you do indulge, rinse your mouth with water afterward to reduce the risk of staining.
- Wear a Mouthguard: If you participate in contact sports or grind your teeth at night, consider wearing a mouthguard. This protective gear can prevent damage to your veneers and natural teeth.
- Say No to Chewing on Non-Food Items: Avoid habits like chewing on pencils, pens, or your fingernails, as these can damage your veneers.
- Address Any Issues Promptly: If you notice any issues with your veneers, such as chipping, cracking, or a change in color, contact your dentist immediately. Early intervention can often prevent more significant problems.
- Stick to Your Dental Routine: The key to preserving your radiant smile is consistency. By adhering to these care guidelines and staying diligent with your oral hygiene routine, you can ensure your veneers continue to shine brilliantly.
Ready to Transform Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers in Denver?
At Makowski Dental, we want to help you achieve the smile of your dreams. If you're ready to take the next step toward a more radiant and confident you, we invite you to schedule an appointment with us. Call today!
Let our team improve your appearance today. Call our dentist at (303) 751-5558 to schedule an appointment for veneers in Denver.